Film Photography Workshop
This product is currently sold out.
Take a walk around the block and learn about film photography, with local photographer Mitch Hay. This is an interactive session taking photos on your own camera through a series of compositions and points of interest.
- Discussion on films, cameras and other equipment used in film photography.
- Interactive session taking photos on your own film camera through a series of compositions and points of interest.
- An explanation on manual shooting with tips and tricks to composing and framing your images. Tips to consider when bouncing between digital and analogue cameras.
- A roll of film.
- Development of your film by the Lovely Film Lab in Wollongong, who will process and develop the negatives and you will be provided your images by a Dropbox link once developed.
We’ll also have organic tea brewing, cakes by local cafes and great conversation on repeat.
What to Bring
To get the most out of this workshop you should bring your own analogue camera along for the day to use when taking the photographs. You will need to specify on the checkout what type of camera you have so we make sure you have a film suitably available.
- Shop 3, 374 Lawrence Hargrave Drive, Thirroul NSW 2515
- Sunday 25th October 2020
- 2:00pm to 5:00pm
Once you’ve secured your spot we’ll be in touch closer to the date to provide any further info, in the meantime browse our Workshop FAQ's for answers to those niggling questions and our T's & C's.
Local photographer Mitch Hay has spent the past 10 years travelling the world with his photography specialising in fashion, lifestyle and portraiture. Known for his use of exquisite soft light, Mitch has developed a reputation for his unique style of image making. In a recent solo show at Thirroul Gallery in 2019 included his work in black and white film.